Colorado is all about the Rocky Mountains and never-ending blue skies. Want to know what else it’s about? Voice-over! We’ve been serving the greater Denver area with our introductory Colorado voice-over classes since 2009 and we hope you sign up soon to learn more!
This introductory voice-over class will provide you with a great foundation on how to break into the voice-over industry. Learn about voice-over types and techniques and find your way behind the mic as you practice script reading and learn more about voice-over equipment.
This class is fun, informative, and interactive giving you a glimpse of what it’s like to be a professional voice actor straight from Wendy who’s in the industry herself and knows all the ins and outs. Feeling inspired? Ready to go? Don’t be shy. Sign up for one of our introductory Colorado voice-over classes!
When are the next classes happening?
What will I learn?
- Voice-Over Techniques: There are two p’s that are very important in voice-over: pace and pitch. Wendy will go over techniques that VO artists use every day and how to incorporate those techniques into your script reads.
- Types of Voice-Over: There’s a lot that you can do within the voice-over industry. Many opportunities exist down many different avenues. Listen in as Wendy discusses commercial and narration job opportunities.
- The Union: Wendy will provide some insight into what exactly the union is and what it does, what the income potential would be, and whether it would be ideal for you in the future of your VO work.
- How to get the work: You’ll need more than just an excellent voice to make it in VO. Part of what you need to learn is marketing. To start booking gigs, you first have to implement a marketing strategy. How will your clients hear about your skills? Wendy will dive into how and where you should market yourself as a professional voice actor.
- The Home Studio: Today, many voice-over artists work from the comfort of their own home studio. All that’s needed is the necessary equipment, in which Wendy will go more in-depth about.
- The All-Important Voice-Over Demos: Your demo is your way of showing clients and agencies all the VO skills you have to offer. In a nutshell, your demo is what’s going to get you to work. Wendy will talk more about how to get noticed by clients and agencies by having a high quality sounding demo.
Who teaches the Colorado classes?
Cathi Colas has been doing Voice-Over work for years now and is Founder and CEO of VocStories | Voice Over by Cathi Colas. She has been highly successful in the audio-book arena with over 45 audio-books on Audible and Itunes. She recently completed a 10-book classics project for Findaway Voices to include Anne of Green Gables, Anne of Avonlea, Grimm’s Fairytales, The Yellow Wallpaper, and more. She also writes and narrates children’s books.
Cathi has done work on documentaries, political ads, radio, IVRs, and commercial projects. She narrates and creates videos for real estate listings. She is a graduate of Such A Voice’s Voice Over Training Program. She has 2 children (all grown up), horses, and dogs. When she isn’t rocking the mic she rides horses, teaches yoga, and plays the drums and guitar!
Can’t make those dates for our Colorado voice-over classes? We also offer online options, one of which gives a look into the must-knows of VO!