Colorado is all about the Rocky Mountains and never-ending blue skies. Want to know what else it’s about? Voice-over! We’ve been serving the greater Denver area with our introductory Colorado voice-over classes since 2009 and we hope you sign up soon to learn more!
This introductory voice-over class will provide you with a great foundation of how to break into the voice-over industry. Your instructor will be Wendy Shapero, a successful VO artist herself. Learn about voice-over types and techniques and find your way behind the mic as you practice script reading and learn more about voice-over equipment.
This class is fun, informative, and interactive giving you a glimpse of what it’s like to be a professional voice actor straight from Wendy who’s in the industry herself and knows all the ins and outs. Feeling inspired? Ready to go? Don’t be shy. Sign up for one of our introductory Colorado voice-over classes!
When and where are the classes?
We offer our introductory Colorado voice-over classes at the following locations:
Monday, October 1st: Hyland Hills Parks and Recreation, Denver, CO, 5:30pm-7:30pm
Tuesday, October 2nd: Parker Arts, Parker, CO, 6:30pm-8:30pm
Wednesday, October 3rd: Boulder Valley School District, Boulder, CO, 6:30pm-8:30pm
Thursday, October 4th: Front Range Community College, Fort Collins, CO, 7:00pm-9:00pm
Saturday, October 6th: Arapahoe Community College, Littleton, CO, 10:30am-12:30pm
What will I learn?
- Voice-Over Techniques: There are two p’s that are very important in voice-over: pace and pitch. Wendy will go over techniques that VO artists use every day and how to incorporate those techniques into your script reads.
- Types of Voice-Over: There’s a lot that you can do within the voice-over industry. Many opportunities exist down many different avenues. Listen in as Wendy discusses commercial and narration job opportunities.
- The Union: Wendy will provide some insight into what exactly the union is and what it does, what the income potential would be, and whether it would be ideal for you in the future of your VO work.
- How to get the work: You’ll need more than just an excellent voice to make it in VO. Part of what you need to learn is marketing. To start booking gigs, you first have to implement a marketing strategy. How will your clients hear about your skills? Wendy will dive into how and where you should market yourself as a professional voice actor.
- The Home Studio: Today, many voice-over artists work from the comfort of their own home studio. All that’s needed is the necessary equipment, in which Wendy will go more in depth about.
- The All-Important Voice-Over Demos: Your demo is your way of showing clients and agencies all the VO skills you have to offer. In a nutshell, your demo is what’s going to get you work. Wendy will talk more about how to get noticed by clients and agencies by having a high quality sounding demo.
Who teaches the Colorado classes?
Wendy Shapero is a successful voice artist, actor, dancer, and comedian. Starting out as a young actress-dancer-choreographer in the Detroit scene, she garnered critical acclaim for her performances on-stage in Antigone, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum, and Godspell, among others. After touring internationally with a stage production of Disney’s Pocahontas, she decided to move out west to Los Angeles to pursue film-acting. Wendy acted in such indie features as Free Samples with Jesse Eisenberg (The Social Network) and Expect Delays. Her voice-over work has been featured on Cartoon Network, an advertisement campaign for FIAT, the audiobook for Jeanne Birdsall’s children’s book, Flora’s Windy Day, and many more.
Can’t make those dates for our Colorado voice-over classes? We also offer online options, one of which gives you a shockingly simple idea to achieve success in the voice-over industry!