Oklahoma’s diverse landscape includes rivers, mountains, hills, and even a couple of places for inspiring voice actors to learn about different voice-over techniques and tips that could help them thrive in the voice-over industry! We’ve been offering our introductory Oklahoma voice-over classes since 2011. The wonderful and talented voice-over professional Bridget Renshaw will be your instructor.
In our classes, you will learn how to use your voice for commercials and narrations. Bridget will provide with you an overview of the industry and dive deeper into techniques and types of voice-overs. At the end of the class, you’ll get a chance to use our state of the art home studio equipment to record your own voice-over!
We’re excited about the upcoming classes that we have in this area and we hope that you’ll be able to join us!
When are the next classes happening?
What will I learn?
- Voice-Over Techniques: A quick tip: Use your body as well as your voice when reading off a script. Bridget will teach you some essential voice-over techniques. A great voice won’t go far without implementing some techniques.
- Types of Voice-Over: There’s a lot that you can do within the voice-over industry; many avenues to explore and many niches to call your own. Listen in as Bridget discusses commercial and narration job opportunities.
- The Union: Bridget will provide some insight into what exactly the union is and what the income potential would be. You’ll be provided with some useful details and be able to decide if the union is the right choice for you.
- How to get the work: To start booking gigs, you first have to implement a marketing strategy. How will your clients hear about your skills? Social media? Your professional website? Networking? Bridget will discuss how and where you should market yourself as a professional voice actor.
- The Home Studio: Nowadays, voice actors build their own home studios and record from there. The ability to work from home is an excellent perk for VO actors! Learn more about what equipment you need to get started.
- The All-Important Voice-Over Demos: After you have gone through voice-over training and have recorded your voice-over demo, you’ll be ready to put your work out there to clients and agencies. Bridget will offer some insight into how to make your demo stand out.
Who teaches the Oklahoma voice-over classes?
With eight years of experience in the industry, Bridget Renshaw’s voice can be heard in commercials, animations, voice dubbing, corporate videos, eLearning, and video games. She has voiced numerous commercials including Samsung, Audible, Transitions Lenses, Scholastic, Simple Skincare, Classic Mazda, and more. Bridget is also known for her Spanish Telenovela English translations and character work on various video games, eLearning projects, and animated videos. Bridget loves to talk to people about following their passions in life, especially voice-over!