If you’re looking to learn more about voice-over, you’ve come to the right place! Such A Voice offers introductory Pennsylvania voice-over classes for anyone who is looking to get started as a voice actor.
Step right into this class and get to know more about different types of voice-overs, voice-over techniques, and voice-over demos. You’ll even have the chance to get behind the mic yourself by the end of the class! We bring in our special home studio equipment, so you can see what it’s like to record your own voice-over.
It all sounds exciting, right? Well, you should join us at one of our introductory Pennsylvania voice-over classes and be a part of this incredible experience!
When and where are the classes?
We offer our introductory Pennsylvania voice-over classes at the following locations:
- North Penn School District
- Pennridge Adult Evening School
- Souderton Area School District
- Northampton Township Parks and Recreation
What will I learn?
- Voice-Over Techniques: Your instructor, Rich Henkels, will discuss the key technique points that you need to know in order to succeed as a voice actor.
- Types of Voice-Overs: There’s always a lot to learn in this industry, including the many different types of voice-overs that are out there. That just means that there’s a lot for you to check out and learn more about. Maybe commercial voice-over is your calling or perhaps animation voice-over. Which one will speak out to you?
- The Union: When entering this industry, many voice actors look into the union. If you’re new to VO, you may be asking yourself, “What is the union?” Don’t worry, Rich will go more in-depth about the union and if it’s something you should join.
- How to get the work: You may know how to rock the mic, but there’s something else you need to know how to do: marketing. Learning how and where you should market yourself is key to finding the work you’re looking for. Rich will provide some insight about how to market yourself and your voice-over skills.
- The Home Studio: One of the many incredible benefits of being a voice actor is that you can work from home. With the creation of the home studio, you have all of your voice-over equipment at the tip of your fingers and at the comfort of your own home.
- The All-Important Voice-Over Demos: Think about your voice-over demo like a ticket; you need a professionally recorded demo to get into the industry. Clients and agencies will take notice of your voice, but will also pay attention to the sound quality in the demo. A poorly recorded and produced demo means little to no job offers. Rich will explain how to create a top-notch demo.
Who teaches our Pennsylvania voice-over classes?
For 35 plus years, Rich Henkels’ distinctive sound and enthusiasm has become familiar in TV, radio, web-based, corporate, and industrial voice-over projects as well as live presentations. As an Emmy Award winner, Rich knows the industry from both sides of the camera and microphone and now uses his extensive experience and passion to teach and inspire both aspiring and experienced voice actors alike.
Can’t attend our Pennsylvania voice-over classes? No need for you to worry! We also offer some online options, one of which includes our must knows of voice-over resource guide.