Welcome to the nation’s capital – Washington, DC! There are plenty of ways in which you can get involved in the voice-over industry in DC. Think about all the political, TV, and radio gigs you may find! If you’re new to voice-over or looking for more guidance on your current techniques, Such A Voice’s introductory Washington, DC voice-over classes are the perfect starting point.
In our introductory class, you will learn how to use your voice for commercials, video games, films, and much more. Your instructor, Will Kamp, will discuss different types of voice-overs, key voice-over techniques, and various opportunities within the industry. You don’t know until you try, so try out one of our introductory Washington, DC classes and begin your voice-over journey.
When are the classes happening next?
Don’t forget – we do have classes in surrounding states. Check out Maryland voice-over classes.
What will I learn?
- Voice-Over Techniques: Will Kamp will walk you through the steps of reading off a script for future voice-over auditions.
- Types of Voice-Over: Will Kamp will talk about commercial and narration job opportunities and review what kinds of voice-overs there are.
- The Union: Learn more about what the union is and how it works. Receive a basic overview of the union and whether or not it would be right for you.
- How to get the work: Listen in as Will talks about how to get voice-over work. He will highlight the importance of marketing yourself in order to get clients to notice your talent.
- The Home Studio: Having your own home studio means that you can record your demos and auditions from the comfort of your own home!
- The All-Important Voice-Over Demos: Having a high quality demo is your ticket into getting jobs in the voice-over industry. Will provides you with some tips about how to make your demo stand out.
Who teaches our Washington, DC voice-over classes?
Will Kamp combines his skills as a comedy improv performer, actor, musician, and voice-over artist to deliver a class that you won’t forget. Born and raised in San Diego, CA, Will’s journey has taken him on many exciting routes. He has been an on-air and on-camera talent for nationally recognized radio and TV stations. He has voiced live and recorded commercials for various businesses and corporations. He was nominated “Best Comedic Actor” for the 2015 San Diego Aubrey Awards, and he’s also an accomplished singer/songwriter. Will has over a decade of experience in the broadcast and voice-over industry, and enjoys sharing all that he has learned with others.