Come join professional voice actor Wendy Shapero for our introductory Utah voice-over classes as she discusses everything you need to know about getting started in the voice-over industry! Learn about voice-over techniques and types of voice-overs as well as how to build your own home studio and how to produce an outstanding voice-over demo.
This is your time to explore the opportunities we have available, so come check out our introductory Utah voice-over classes and see if a career in voice-overs speaks out to you!
When and where are the classes?
We offer our introductory Utah voice-over classes at the following locations:
Monday, November 5th: Dixie State University, St. George, UT, 6:30pm-8:30pm
Tuesday, November 6th: Utah Valley University, Orem, UT, 6:30pm-8:30pm
Wednesday, November 7th: Woods Cross High School, Woods Cross, UT, 7:00pm-9:00pm
Thursday, November 8th: Park City School District, Park City, UT, 6:00pm-8:00pm
Saturday, November 10th: Layton High School, Layton, UT, 1:00pm-3:00pm
What will I learn?
- Voice-Over Techniques: Learn how to perfect your pitch and pace when reading off a script for your voice-over auditions.
- Types of Voice-Over: There are many different types of voice-overs, including commercial, narration, and animation, to name a few. Wendy will focus on talking about the commercial and narration job opportunities that are available.
- The Union: Get to know more about the union. What is it? What can you expect to earn if you’re in the union? Wendy will answer all of these questions and explain if joining the union is a good move for your voice-over career.
- How to get the work: You will get to know more about how you can get voice-over work. Even though it’s important to have the voice-over skills, it’s equally as important to have marketing skills. Don’t worry, those will build up over time as you begin to dive deeper into the voice-over industry and connect with other voice actors. Plus with Wendy’s advice, you’ll be a VO marketing expert soon enough!
- The Home Studio: It seems too good to be true – to be a professional voice actor AND to be able to work from home. Well, we’re not kidding! One of the biggest perks of being a voice actor is that there’s a lot of flexibility with your schedule. Most voice actors nowadays create their own home studio and do their voice-over work there.
- The All-Important Voice-Over Demos: Clients and agencies usually request that a voice actor submits a demo when they’re auditioning for a gig. Your demo is your way of showing them that your voice is the voice that they need. Wendy will provide some tips about how to make your demo stand out.
Who teaches our Utah voice-over classes?
Wendy Shapero is a successful voice artist, actor, dancer, and comedian. Starting out as a young actress-dancer-choreographer in the Detroit scene, she garnered critical acclaim for her performances on-stage in Antigone, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum, and Godspell, among others. After touring internationally with a stage production of Disney’s Pocahontas, she decided to move out west to Los Angeles to pursue film-acting. Wendy acted in such indie features as Free Samples with Jesse Eisenberg (The Social Network) and Expect Delays. Her voice-over work has been featured on Cartoon Network, an advertisement campaign for FIAT, the audiobook for Jeanne Birdsall’s children’s book, Flora’s Windy Day, and many more.