In the state that houses the city of The Big Apple, there are big opportunities if you’re looking to get started in the voice-over industry. So, how do ya like them apples? We’ve been teaching our introductory New York voice-over classes since 2011.
This interactive and entertaining introductory voice-over class will provide you with a great foundation and tons of information about this versatile and fun industry. You’ll be provided with a general overview of VO and how to get started in it. Learn about voice-over types and techniques and even try out reading a script behind the mic with our state of the art home studio equipment.
So, what are you waiting for? Make some room in your calendar for our New York voice-over classes and get to know more about this fun and dynamic industry! Also, if you’re located in the Long Island area, see when our classes are and check out our specific page for the area!
When and where are the classes?
We offer our introductory New York voice-over classes at the following locations:
- Williamsville Community Education
- Vassar Lifelong Learning Institute
- 92nd Street Y
- Bronxville Adult School
- Suffolk County Community College
- Levittown Memorial Education Center
- Port Washington Adult Education
- City of Huntington
- Alfred State College Center for Community Education and Training
- Town of Brighton Parks, Recreation and Community Services
- Ichabod Crane Central School Adult Education
- Hunter College
- Westbury Public Schools: Adult Education
- Farmingdale High School Community Education
What will I learn?
- Voice-Over Techniques: Justine will emphasize how important it is to smile even though no one can see you. You’ll learn about pace and pitch among other techniques that VO pros use every day when reading scripts.
- Types of Voice-Over: There are so many different types of voice-overs. Justine will concentrate specifically on commercial and narration. Keep in mind that there are many more for you to explore.
- The Union: Get introduced to the union in the voice-over industry and discover if the union is something you should join. Justine will provide some insight into how it all works.
- How to get the work: A big part of VO is learning how to market yourself. Justine will go into detail about how and where to market yourself to clients and agencies. After all, marketing is what helps get you noticed!
- The Home Studio: Nowadays, the majority of voice actors choose to build their own home studio. This has completely revolutionized the industry, giving voice actors today the chance to work from the comfort of their own home and avoid rush hour traffic!
- The All-Important Voice-Over Demos: It’s crucial to have a professionally recorded demo so your clients can hear just how great your voice is. A poorly recorded demo can be spotted a mile away and potential clients will shy away from this. Justine will provide useful tips on demo recording.
Who teaches our New York voice-over classes?
You’ve heard Justine Reiss’s voice in numerous commercials: Starbucks, Toshiba, Walgreens, and Mitsubishi. She has worked as a voice-over casting director for more than 20 years! She found her way into VO after success on stage and film, and as a Disney stunt performer. She enjoys helping others bring their voice to life and inspiring people to pursue their passions in voice-over. Join Justine for a fun-filled and informative evening!