Boise is the place to be because we have our introductory Idaho voice-over classes there! If you’re scoping out your career options and are looking for a job that’s fun and flexible then it’s worth checking out what the voice-over industry has to offer. Come to our introductory Idaho voice-over classes and be a part of this incredible and fun experience! In our introductory class, you will learn how to get started in the exciting and lucrative voice-over industry. Your instructor, Lisa Foster, will go over the different types of voice-overs, the techniques, and the job opportunities. Learn how to get to the work and how to become a voice actor. You’ll gauge immediately that it’s a career in which you can work on your own terms and on your own time.
If you’re thinking about pursuing a career in voice-over, why not start doing a career in voice-over? Check out when our Idaho voice-over classes are happening and be sure to register and secure your spot in the class!
Where can I find the Idaho voice-over classes?
We offer our introductory Idaho voice-over classes at a couple different locations! Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll provide you with more specifics about how to register.
What will I learn?
- Voice-Over Techniques: Lisa will provide some valuable insight about how to read with a smile and keep at a steady pace. You’ll be able find your pitch and your pace when you practice reading scripts out loud in class.
- Types of Voice-Over: It’s never a dull moment when learning about voice-overs because there are so many types to learn about! Lisa will talk about the different types of voice-overs, including commercial and narration, to name a few. Which one will speak out to you?
- The Union: First, we answer what exactly the union is. Then comes the most common questions of how the union works and what potential income would be as a union talent.
- How to get the work: Discover how and where you should market yourself in order to get voice-over gigs. Lisa will explain that you’ll need to learn about marketing yourself as this is essential to your success as a voice artist.
- The Home Studio: The home studio has changed the voice-over industry, and most, if not all, voice actors would agree that it’s a positive change! Having your own home studio means that you can work from the comfort of your own home.
- The All-Important Voice-Over Demos: Having a high quality demo can position you for success in this industry. Lisa will tell you about how you can make your demo stand out to your clients.
Who teaches our Idaho voice-over classes?
Lisa Foster is no unfamiliar face to the voice-over industry. She has been in the business for over 25 years and has been coaching for 10 years. Her first voice-over experience began in little ol’ Sacramento, CA back in 1991. She was the weekend traffic reporter on Rush Limbaugh’s flagship station, KFBK. Since then, she has been the voice for many well-known companies, doing voice-overs for video games, corporate training, and TV and radio ads. She has also written and performed stand-up comedy and has hosted many charity events and auctions in the Seattle area. Lisa Foster can be heard on the popular podcast that debuted in January 2012, “Peculiar Podcast with Pat Cashman and Lisa Foster.”